A little history
The Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève is a foundation that was created in 2011 that promotes the watchmaking art. Every year in November, it organises an awards ceremony in Geneva, Switzerland.
Any watch brand can participate with watches that are commercially available after March and before the end of October of the current year. They simply send an end entry form and present one or more watches.
The award given to winners of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève resembles a hand, which symbolises the knowhow and mastery that is essential in the watchmaking crafts. It was created by the Genevan painter and graphic designer Roger Pfund.
The winners of GPHG 2021 was released on the 4th of November.
This year, Bulgari CEO Jean-Christophe Babin took the “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix at GPHG 2021 for the brand’s Octo Finissimo Perpetual Calendar.
Other awards won
The Grand Seiko Hi-Beat 36000 80 Hours Calibre 9SA5 model by Seiko won the Men’s Watch Prize. This marvel combines a striking dial with a state-of-the-art manufacture movement.
MB&F did not fall short this year, as the brand won not one but two awards. The first was in the “Men’s Complication» category for its LMX Titanium with a hand-winding mechanical movement.
The second prize was in the “Artistic Crafts” category with the “Around the World in 80 Days” model.
Chopard was also one of the lucky ones. The brand won the “Jewellery Watch» prize with its Flower Power model. A jewel crafted by the artisans at Maison Chopard that honours the Paradise theme.
– LADIES’ COMPLICATION WATCH PRIZE: Van Cleef & Arpels Lady Féerie Watch
– MEN’S COMPLICATION WATCH PRIZE: MB&F LMX Titanium
– ICONIC WATCH PRIZE: Audemars Piguet Royal Oak “Jumbo» Extra-Thin
– TOURBILLON WATCH PRIZE: De Bethune DB Kind of Two Tourbillon
– CALENDAR AND ASTRONOMY WATCH PRIZE: Christiaan Van Der Klaauw CVDK Planetarium EiseEisinga
– MECHANICAL EXCEPTION WATCH PRIZE: Piaget Altiplano Ultimate Automatic
– CHRONOGRAPH WATCH PRIZE: Zenith Chronomaster Sport
– DIVER’S WATCH PRIZE: Louis Vuitton Tambour Street Diver Skyline Blue
– “PETITE AIGUILLE” PRIZE: Tudor Black Bay Ceramic
– CHALLENGE WATCH PRIZE: CIGA Design Blue Planet
– HOROLOGICAL RELEVATION PRIZE: Furlan Marri MR. Grey Ref. 1041-A
– AUDACITY PRIZE: Louis Vuitton Tambour Carpe Diem
– INNOVATION PRIZE: Bernhard Lederer Central Impulse Chronometer
– SPECIAL JURY PRIZE: Dubai Watch Week
Discover our watches at our Geneve Company boutiques.